Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Building Muscles Without the Gym!

This is the first post of the muscle building project. I really enjoyed doing this assignment, and I also learned a lot from it. I began building the muscles a lot the spine and the neck. These were muscles such as the Cervicis, Capitis, and Thoracis. These smaller muscles are used to rotate. They work together as a group to do their jobs. They were frustrating to build because it was hard to picture how they wrap around each other and meet parts on the spine. To over come this I just tried to place the beginning and ends of the muscles to meet in the correct spot. 
The next muscles I did were part of the Iliocostalis section of the muscles. These were also frustrating to twist together correctly. These muscles are used to bend to the front, side, and backward. 
The last group of muscles I did were the abdominals. These were the easiest to do for me and more enjoyable. These muscles are used over the stomach and allow use to bend our waist, back, and stomach. 
For the next clay assignment I think I would like to take my time more and also use more sources to see how the the muscles group together. This will help me place the muscles correctly on the skeleton. This project helps me to figure out the size of the muscles and how the muscles are shaped. When I question the size or relationships of back muscles on the model I can think back to skeleton and relate it back to my drawings. 

No comments: