Tuesday, November 18, 2008


This is my mannequin up to date. I had to redo the back muscles including the spinalis, longissimus, and iliocostalis muscles. I notice that those muscles that cover the back seem too small. The anterior view shows that that the large abdominal muscle does not go far enough down. But I think the strength of the upper body is the diffinate shapes and placement of the muscles. I had a hard time using the book as a reference for the mannequins. Also, when I used the internet or book sources the muscles are often covered up or confusing anyway. The pictures of the leg, gluteal, and calf muscles made me realize very critical mistakes. With these sections I often mixed up what parts of the thy muscles were anterior or posterior. As shown in the posterior view it is easy to see that I am missing muscles. I believe looking back that I have placed the posterior muscles in the anterior. The strongest part of my mannequin is the gluteal muscles, the tensor fasciae latae and the IT band. I think it can be especially appreciated in the posterior view. I think also the two muscles that make up the soleus gastrocnemius are pretty successful. If I were to do my mannequin over I would have made the muscle groupings more obvious and the craft of the clay better. I also should have used more references for the legs when I was confused. 







No comments: