Wednesday, November 19, 2008

BLOGGING

Blogging has been a love-hate relationship for me. I enjoy a lot of aspects but at the same time I feel like it takes away from the class. It has been interesting process that has taken a lot of time. The biggest positive about blogging has been learning about other people as artist and also their progress in the class. The most interesting thing that I have come across in the blogs has been Ben West's Yo Dawg post. I thought that not only were the painting interesting but the idea behind it was fun. This blog just shows how art can make a great project in many areas of life. It also made me think about how art can make a more positive and exciting environment. As a teacher I would like to incorporate  something like this in my classroom. I think something like this could utilize my classroom to improve the community. 
A big frustration that I found with the blog was commenting on different group members blogs. I noticed that this was very inconvenient. When I wanted to comment on a group members posts they either had no posting to comment on (including assignments). I don't think that we should suffer from the lack of other peoples posts. I was not able to comment a great variety on some areas of the blog, but I did try to incorporate it.  
At this point of the semester I feel like my blog does have some aspects that need to be improved, but I also believe I did a good job of posting assignments, blogs of my choice, and portraying my improvement throughout the semester. These I think are the most important aspects of the blog. I also feel like my blog is professional and fun at the same time. I tried to be professional and follow assignments while I also tried to make the blog my own. The quality of the pictures were easy to understand and make out. I used Jing to successfully post my ideas through my gestures. I tried to make my blog clear and easy to understand. 
Finally, I believe that the idea of blogging is great. I do find it frustrating in commenting on other peoples blogs. The biggest frustration I had was the lack of internet. I commute and live at home with my parents. This has been a huge problem for this blog concept because I cannot get access to the internet easily and I found myself falling behind on it. I had to use the internet during other classes and this caused me to miss out on lectures. But, for the most part I found the Blog to a great idea and a great thing to be incorporated in the classroom. 

1 comment:

Amy Fichter [xenia elizabeth] said...

thank you, christa. i am continuing to think about how to make commenting/responding go better, to make it more interesting to everyone rather than a "have-to." i am sure the issue of not having internet at home makes blogging much more difficult. i have assumed that students have 24/7 access to the internet--which is not the case, at least for some of you.