Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Favorite Gesture Drawings


I chose these three drawings not only because they were my favorite but because they best illustrate my understanding throughout the class. 

Drawing #1:
This gesture was a thirty second drawing that I believe does a good job of portraying my understanding of the pubic bones, gluteal cleft, and gluteal crease   (shown by L) Points K and J are showing my egg shape and my spinal curves. The last point M is my curvature in the thy bone. I chose this drawing because I tried to incorporate a lot of the things we learned in class all in thirty seconds. 

Drawing #2: 
This is a one minute gesture drawing that I really enjoyed. I was proud of this drawing because the egg shape in the rib has improved (point P). Point O shows the pronounced curves in the spine. I was very excited about the hip bones in the gesture because I believe the angles and shape were really successful. Point R is the last point that I thought finally successfully portrayed the shape of the thy and the calf. 

Drawing #3: 
This is a five min gesture drawing I thought was very successful. I believe it shows a lot of aspects learned in class and also my understanding of the body and drawing it. Point O is showing only one section of value in my lines. The line value is the my favorite part of the drawing. Point P, R, and S are showing my big improvements of the rib cage, the thy, and the hips. I also believe that the proportions in this drawing are also much better. The last aspect that I incorporated in this drawing were the joints. This was a point made later in class and I believe it really helps the make the gesture become more shapely. 

No comments: