Thursday, December 18, 2008

Portrait



Finally, this is my last post for the semester. Sad, but exciting. Drawing a self-portrait was difficult for me in many ways. I found it difficult to only look in the mirror and draw. I'm use to a photograph and other sources. The next thing that was difficult was drawing the face so large. I over exaggerated the size of the eyes without realizing it and I noticed the mistake after the drawing was completed. I think that this could have been improved by stepping back or mapping out my page better. I enjoyed doing this though it really put our skills to the test and I think in that aspect my drawing was successful. I also enjoyed using just lines, up until this point my drawings has always been drawing the outline and shading that portion afterward. I know this class will improve all parts of my artwork. Now I kinda wish I could do all my other classes over :) 


No comments: